Information Technology Summer Student
Under the direction of the Manager of IT and GIS, the Information Technology Co-op Summer Student will be supervised by a County IT Technician and will assist in providing IT support services for Dufferin County.
What you’ll do
- Assist Information Technology staff in the installation and maintenance of Workstations and Peripherals
- Assist Information Technology staff in providing telephone support through the IT Service Desk for hardware and software related issues
- Maintain and update the existing Information Technology Inventory System
- Assist Information Technology staff in installation and maintenance of Cisco IP Phones
- Perform special projects as assigned by the IT Manager.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Enrollment in an Information Technology related course at an accredited college or university
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A valid Ontario “G” driver’s license
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently and as part of a team
- Availability to work 35 hours per week with a typical work week being Monday through Friday.