Human Resources Manager - Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Director of People and Equity, the Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for providing day–to–day leadership and guidance to the Human Resources division and utilizing HR expertise to support strategic organizational priorities, foster safe spaces, endorse mental health and well-being, and support a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion for all staff.
What you’ll do
- Provide general direction over the Human Resources division employees, including leadership, development and training to support departmental operations, goals and initiatives.
- Assume a leadership role in ensuring that diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded in all HR policies, procedures and programs in consultation with the Director of People and Equity.
- Build trusted relationships with union groups and employees to improve work relationships and build morale.
- Lead negotiations and deliver the bargaining mandate for two collective agreements.
- Participate in labour relations activities, including grievance handling, contract negotiations, joint union/management discussions, conciliations, mediations and arbitrations as required.
- Create, deliver, enhance and administer HR programs and policies that align with the strategic priorities of the County.
- Manage and coordinate processes related to the employee lifecycle, including talent attraction, selection, onboarding, development, retention, performance management, termination and off-boarding.
- Work with managers to Identify and address gaps in leadership, organizational effectiveness and work performance through training and professional development, succession planning, identifying high potentials and proactively encouraging and guiding careers, and other various growth initiatives.
- Support the Director of People and Equity in preparation and submission of the annual budget for the division.
- Other duties as assigned.