Human Resources Generalist - Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Human Resources (HR) Manager, the HR Generalist is responsible for all facets of the recruitment and selection process, including new employee orientation. The HR Generalist also plays a key role in the areas of training, wellness, diversity and inclusion, onboarding and HR communications.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process for non-union and union positions including: create, post and update job postings, screen resumes, prepare interview questions, conduct interviews with department managers/supervisors, manage testing processes, perform reference checks, prepare offer letters, inform candidates if not successful, and maintain record of new hires;
- Perform and facilitate new hire orientations and onboarding including completing all forms relating to pay and taxes, pension and benefits, and explaining key policies and procedures of the County of Dufferin;
- Track required documentation upon hire, such as Police Vulnerable Sector Check, proof of credentials, etc.;
- Coordinate the hiring and re-hiring of students and seasonal employees;
- Perform exit interviews and manage exit interview statistics, including compiling results;
- Assist the People and Equity department with projects and other duties as assigned.