Human Resources Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources (HR), the Human Resource Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of human resource services at Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home in Shelburne. This includes providing support in the areas of disability management, labour relations, performance management, attendance management and recruitment.
What you’ll do:
- Consult with the County’s third party disability management provider regarding medical leaves, accommodation requests and return to work programs.
- Manage workplace injury reporting and WSIB claims administration, make recommendations to challenge claim decisions, and provide updates and statistics to the Administrator and Director of HR.
- Analyze claims statistics and costs to determine frequency/severity trends and develop appropriate recommendations in conjunction with managers and/or key stakeholders including external service providers.
- Administer the attendance management program at Dufferin Oaks.
- Oversee and administer end-to-end recruitment and selection cycle at Dufferin Oaks in accordance with relevant collective agreements and related policies, practices and legislation.
- Develop partnerships with local colleges and universities with related programs (Personal Support Workers, etc.) to generate leads to, and connections with, prospective employees.
- Participate in Union Labour–Management meetings, grievance meetings, and union negotiation meetings.
- Assist with research, compiling and analyzing data for union negotiations.