Housing Support Worker- Temporary Full Time
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Housing Support Worker will work closely with Housing and Ontario Works staff, community service providers and housing providers to further develop and improve relationships, collect data and improve access to housing for households at risk-of or experiencing homelessness. The Housing Support Worker works to permanently house By-Name-List (BNL) clients and provide ongoing support to keep clients housed.
What you’ll do
- Work in the local community, providing outreach support to By-Name-List clients;
- Collect, document and evaluate information to assess situation and determine appropriate case planning to ensure housing stability;
- Provide suggestions that will improve efficiency, working conditions or procedures to Coordinated Access Table (CAT) and Community Entity (CE);
- Develop and maintain relationships with community agencies to support clients move into suitable and sustainable long-term housing units;
- Collaborate with Landlord Liaison regarding late payments, damage or lease violations; consult with legal services staff regarding actions to prevent evictions;
- Assist clients with applications for Housing Access Dufferin, Homelessness Prevention Program, Market Rental Units, Coordinated Access Transitional Housing (CATH) and Housing Allowances;
- Attend signing of leases, transitional housing agreements and/or Housing Allowance agreements;
- Assist clients to set up pay direct for rent or utilities, to move in or out of transitional or permanent units, in securing items and funding to ensure the unit is ready and set up for a successful move in.