Housing Supervisor (6 month contract)
Reporting to the Program Manager – Housing, the Housing Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the Social Housing program. This position will supervise the work of Community Services Workers and Program Assistants. In addition, the Housing Supervisor will develop service delivery practices to support the delivery of Community Services programs. With the guidance of the Program Manager, the Housing Supervisor will communicate changes to legislation, support and implement programs/policies. When necessary, this position will provide coverage to all divisions within the Community Services Department.
What you’ll do
- Develop and recommend business practices and provide business practice support to the Program Manager - Housing for coordination and effective delivery of services and programs
- Development and maintenance of orientation training packages and manuals for all new and returning employees in the department
- Ensure that data collection through different programs are accurate and complete
- Review monitor and assure that subsidy cases adhere to all applicable legislation where required by senior management
- Recommend professional development activities to the Program Manager - Housing
- Schedule and facilitate monthly team meetings
- Ongoing working knowledge of program legislations
- Schedule staff as appropriate to ensure program coverage
- Ensure that all payables are coded correctly prior to manager sign off
- Provide supervisory coverage responsibilities to the Ontario Works and Children Services divisions
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.