Home Assistants (6) - Temporary Part Time
We are currently recruiting six (6) caring and compassionate Home Assistants.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Home Assistant is responsible for aiding with tasks that require no hands-on resident care supporting staff from various departments including Nursing, Food Services, Program Support, and Environmental Services.
What you’ll do
• Screening of Staff, residents and visitors upon entry to the home as per Directive 3;
• Maintain an online schedule of visitors coming into the home;
• Transport residents to and from the dining room, onsite programs, or internal appointments;
• Assist residents who require feeding;
• Assist PSW’s with Snack/Nutrition carts including documentation of intake on resident’s electronic chart;
• Protect the health & safety of residents, co-workers and self by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and participating in health & safety related training;
• Work co-operatively with staff, volunteers, service providers and other stakeholders to meet resident and family needs;
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
What you’ll bring
• Minimum Grade 12 education;
• Previous experience and interest in working with a population of older adults is an asset;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening;
• Flexibility in scheduling as you must be available to work days, evenings, and two out of three weekends as required.