Financial Analyst - Community Services (24-month contract)
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Finance/Treasurer, the Financial Analyst – Community Services is responsible for financial and program monitoring and reporting for the Community Services Department including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
What you’ll do
- Prepare reports for various housing, Ontario Works and child care programs; submit to Ministry via TPON, EFIS or SAMS reporting system
- Monitor revenues and expenses for rent supplement programs; prepare report for Ministry of Housing as required
- Calculate all housing provider benchmarks annually from Ministry of Housing released Market Rent Index & Indices and prepare notification letter to HP Boards of Directors for Community Services Director's signature
- Prepare monthly EFT file and submit to bank for withdrawal from tenant accounts
- Monitor all child care revenue and expenses and review with Deputy Treasurer and Children’s Services Program Manager
- Track all repayments and reimbursements from Ontario Works clients and input on subsidy submission, follow up on discrepancies with staff
- Ensure correct distribution of expenses and revenue to general ledger accounts; prepare journal entries as required
- Prepare Schedules of Revenues and Expenditures reports annually for review and sign-off by auditors
- Provide back-up to the Accounting Clerk and Financial Analyst as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned.