Environmental Services Manager - Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Administrator, the Environmental Services Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the Maintenance, Housekeeping and Laundry staff. The role involves extensive work with various contractors and requires significant knowledge and ability related to building management, trades standards and best practices, contacts, and construction. This position also supports other division managers and ensures adequate inventory of supplies for the functionality of Dufferin Oaks & housekeeping services in the Mel Lloyd Centre.
What you’ll do
- Provide general direction over the Maintenance, Housekeeping & Laundry division, including the leadership, development, mentoring, coaching, and training of staff to support departmental operations, goals, and initiatives
- Guide staff toward the realization of the division’s strategic direction and priorities
- Collaborate and partner with other Managers to facilitate building improvements related to site alterations, building environment enhancements and other similar projects
- Maintain a work environment that promotes staff participation, teamwork, and positive labour relations
- Assist in division Union matters related to grievance procedures, labour management relations and contract negotiations
- Perform annual review of divisions policies & procedures to maintain best practices and compliance of Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) Act and Regulations
- Monitor the safety and accessibility of the facility. Serve as the point of contact for the department for code compliance issues (AODA, Fire Code etc.)
- Develop, maintain & interpret Health & Safety goals & objectives, policies & procedures in accordance with Home's policies & compliance of governing legislation
- Develop and maintain Emergency Preparedness policies & procedures in accordance Dufferin County policies and procedures as well as all applicable legislation
- In collaboration with the Administrator, formulate operating and capital budgets for division and monitor throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned.