Emergency Management Student
Reporting to the Manager of Preparedness and 911, the successful candidate will be assisting the Emergency Management Division with hazard identification, risk assessment, contingency planning and community outreach initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Conduct research on best practices and emerging threats
- Develop/deliver public education programs across the county
- Review, revise emergency plans
This is a student position funded by Canada Summer Jobs program. To be considered for this position, all applicants must meet the following program eligibility criteria as required by Canada Summer Jobs. Please review the eligibility requirements below:
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.