Education Programs Intern
Reporting to the Education Programmer, Museum of Dufferin, the Education Programs Intern will conduct historical research and interviews, keeping detailed notes, and present their findings to the Education Programmer. This is a temporary full-time position working 35 hours per week (Tuesday to Saturday) with a start date of October 5, 2021. The majority of work will be spent onsite with periods of remote work. The successful candidate for this position will require a vehicle, as there is no public transportation to the job site.
What you’ll do
- Catalogue items in the museum’s education (teaching) collection;
- Seek out content for Curricular and public programs;
- Generate content for social media posts.
What you’ll bring
- Experience conducting historical research and crafting historical interpretation that incorporates primary source materials and artifacts.
- An interest and desire to work in Educational programming or teaching. Experience working with different age groups and/or understanding of learning styles and development is an asset.
- Experience with catalogue software (PastPerfect), social media platforms, and photo/video editing software is an asset.
- Ability to self-motivate, establish priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively with supervisor and the other staff.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365).
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 25lbs.
- Own transportation as there is no public transit to the Museum of Dufferin;
- A current criminal record check/vulnerable sector check.
This is in an internship position funded by Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage. To be considered for this position, all applicants must meet the program eligibility criteria and create a candidate profile as required by Young Canada Works. Please click the link (in blue) to review the eligibility requirements.
- Young Canada Works Internship Eligibility Criteria
- The link to sign up is https://young-canada-works.canada.ca/Account/Register
What we can offer YOU!
- A competitive hourly wage of $18.00;
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program;
- A flexible, supportive and collaborative work environment;
- Unlimited access to live and interactive webinars offered by the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).