Community Service Worker- Temporary Full Time (2-year contract)
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Community Services Worker provides a range of support services to applicants, clients and tenants which support the delivery of Community Services programs, including but not limited to Children’s Services, Housing Services and Ontario Works.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate individual situations based on information provided
- Review application details for assistance/support/subsidy
- Schedule appointment to view unit, and/or meet/discuss/verify and determine eligibility for assistance/support/subsidy
- Issue assistance/support/subsidy in line with municipal and provincial directives, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring that the information is up to date (Income reporting, updating housing, adding/removing members/tenants, updating Direct Deposit Information, Employment status)
- Helping client’s navigate other agencies to obtain funds (EI benefits, WSIB, CPP, CPP-D, Obtaining ID, Courts for Support and Custody, GIS , OAS, Utility Assistance etc.)
- Being current and up to date on supports and services offered by other partners and agencies.
- Ensure current and accurate service provider and client’s financial details on file for billing and EFT purposes
- Quickly assessing emergency situations (evictions, utility arrears, not enough funds for food, medication etc.)
- Administrative support to the housing division, operational reviews and landlord agreements
- Tenant administration including a housing portfolio