Community Service Worker - Housing (Temporary Contract Approx. 12 months)
The successful candidate will have a diverse set of responsibilities covering all aspects of the Housing program. Principal duties include providing support and assistance to the public in accessing Departmental and external programs and services as appropriate. In addition, managing an assigned workload in a professional, facilitating and cost effective manner.
What you’ll do:
- Provides property management services for buildings owned by the County including tenant selection, offers to lease, rent collection, lease renewals, initiating work orders, etc.
- Responsible for financial testing and eligibility of all tenants and prospective tenants that are eligible for a rent-geared-to-income housing unit.
- Conducts investigations related to allegations of fraud or other situations where eligibility of a rental subsidy is questioned.
- Maintains tenant accounts.
- Works with the Facilities Department to ensure repairs to units/buildings are completed.
- Refers applicants to social housing providers in accordance with the Housing Services Act, 2011.
- Administers and delivers homelessness programs.
- Responds to telephone and personal enquiries at the office.
- Prepares various reports requiring collection of data, as directed by the Housing Supervisor.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.