Climate Change Research & Engagement Assistant
The Climate Change Research & Engagement Assistant is an integral part of a new initiative to support the development of a Dufferin Climate Action Plan with municipalities and other partners. This position will support the development of the County’s mitigation strategies, community engagement and public education programs.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Undertake research work as directed, such as:
- Conducting policy and literature reviews.
- Accessing energy use data from regional energy companies/agencies.
- Using online tools to inventory and assist in analyzing energy consumption/costs and profile energy use patterns.
- Assist in developing documents, guidelines, policies and procedures for projects as needed.
- Assisting staff in identifying existing GHG reduction actions and other energy management opportunities.
Administrative and outreach activities include the following:
- Support development of outreach programs, including developing presentations and public education initiatives to promote the Dufferin Climate Action Plan.
- Assist in organizing external events such as community-based workshops as needed.
- Ensure relevant documents are provided for each meeting and updated afterward.
- Supports team communications through activities such as designing graphics, providing personal creative input, engaging in website and social media updates, and addressing external inquiries and drafting responses on a timely basis.