Civil Engineering Summer Student
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the successful candidates will be assisting the Public Works Department with several key engineering and road construction functions.
What you’ll do
- Assist with and perform topographic surveying and construction layout using GPS and Total Station technologies
- Conduct site reviews and inspection services on County road construction projects
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of project files and records
- Collect and process traffic data
- Other engineering related duties as assigned.
This is a student position funded by Canada Summer Jobs program. To be considered for this position, all applicants must meet the following program eligibility criteria as required by Canada Summer Jobs. Please review the eligibility requirements below:
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.