Casual Transportation Drivers - DCCSS
Dufferin County Community Support Services (DCCSS) is a not-for-profit agency funded by the Central West Local Health Integration Network and operated by the County of Dufferin. DCCSS provides services such as Transportation, Meals on Wheels, Friendly Visiting and Home Respite, which aim to assist older and vulnerable adults who live independently in their own homes.
What you'll do:
Under the direction of the Manger of DCCSS, the casual Transportation Driver is responsible for driving agency vehicles to transport clients to and from medical related appointments as requested.
What you'll bring:
What you’ll bring
• Valid class G driver’s licence;
• Valid personal automobile insurance – minimum $1,000,000 liability;
• Clean and recent driver’s abstract;
• Sensitivity to the needs of seniors and those that are physically disabled;
• Physical ability to assist clients in and out of a vehicle, folding wheelchairs and walkers as necessary;
• Flexibility in scheduling as hours will vary depending on transportation requests. This may include evenings and weekends;
• Willingness to drive throughout the Greater Toronto Area, including the downtown core of Toronto.