C12-22 Permanent Part-Time Activationist
Reporting to the Program and Support Manager, the Activationist is responsible for ensuring creative and therapeutic programs are developed and implemented to meet the needs, preferences and abilities of all residents.
What you’ll do
- Planning, organizing and evaluating social, cultural, spiritual, educational, therapeutic, and recreational activities for all residents including regular and special events both inside and outside the facility;
- Directing volunteers and student placements assigned to the Program and Support Services department;
- Maintaining all appropriate documentation associated with Activation which includes assessments, attendance records, progress notes, RAI-MDS assessments and RAPS, and plans of care for each resident;
- Participating in team conferences, meetings, seminars, etc. as required;
- Participating in quality improvement and risk management activities;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation/Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or a related field from a community college or university;
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with seniors, preferably in a Long Term Care Home;
- Class “F” drivers’ license, or willing to obtain;
- Up-to-date First Aide/CPR qualifications;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening;
- Demonstrated ability to act with courtesy and respect in dealing with residents, staff and visitors;
- Willingness to work during the week, on weekends and on statutory holidays as assigned;
- An understanding of the aging process.