Building Services Summer Student
Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Building Services Summer Student will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Building Division.
What you’ll do
- Act as the building division first point of customer service via building phone line and email
- Verify building permit application and supporting documents meet submission requirements
- Assist in the design, implementation and utilization of a building records scanning system
- Assist in the design and implantation of building services user guides for stakeholders
- Other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Current enrollment in an Architectural or Engineering Technology program at an accredited college or university
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently and as part of a team
- Availability to work 35 hours per week with a typical work week being Monday through Friday.