Assistant Manager of Operations - Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Assistant Manager of Operations (working 40 hours per week) provides leadership, technical engineering analysis/advice and administrative support to the Public Works Operations Division regarding risk management, winter maintenance activities, fleet management/maintenance, contracts, in-house construction, inspections, policies, procedures, and asset management. This role acts as a liaison between other County departments, outside agencies, stakeholders and the public, helping to facilitate the overall workflow and service delivery of the Operations division.
What you’ll do
- Perform technical traffic engineering safety reviews by investigating and recommending improvements at problematic intersections, road sections and traffic lights, in collaboration with Engineering Division, Consultants, etc.
- Work with the Engineering Division to assist with design, design parameters, procurement, contract management, construction, etc. related to in-house works
- Manage divisional procurement efforts related to contracts, materials, vehicle and equipment replacement
- Manage road signs, guiderail, line painting and other road safety devices, developing maintenance and replacement schedules using asset management tools and inspection
- Lead Fleet Management for the entire County. Provide and develop policy and training to all County staff regarding fleet maintenance policies and fueling at the Operations Centre
- Work with Operations Manager, Foreperson and Mechanic to prepare quotes and tenders for the operations division
- Monitor Level of Service compliance, including record keeping, response times, sign inspection, weather records, weather monitoring and patrolling frequency
- Post winter road closure notifications via social media, email and message boards, after hours.
- Support operators, patrollers and foreperson during winter storms and emergencies
- Respond to after-hour emergencies related to traffic accidents and environmental spills
- Other duties as assigned.