Asset Management Financial Analyst- Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Finance/Treasurer, the Asset Management Financial Analyst assists with the execution of the Corporate Asset Management Strategic Plan. This position will coordinate capital work plan forecasting, monitor ongoing capital projects and maintain all capital asset records, including additions, deletions and amortization calculations. In addition, the Asset Management Financial Analyst will maintain a variety of continuity spreadsheets including reserves, reserve funds, trust funds and investments, provide input on investment and financial planning strategies.
What you’ll do
- Collect information and data for the development of the annual capital work plans with input from departments for budget purposes
- Monitor capital projects including but not limited to tracking change orders, hold backs, warranty periods, status of project and estimated time of payments for cash flow purposes
- Liaise with departments in maintaining capital asset accounting system
- Maintain capital asset accounting records, including recording all additions, disposals and write downs as well as calculate annual amortization
- Maintain record of deferred development charge payments, interest calculations, amounts owing
- Gather the required information and data for the annual Development Charge report, capital reports and other project based funding opportunities.
- Maintain database of all insurance claims made on County
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- A post secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Business Administration
- Certification with the Institute for Asset Management
- A minimum of three (3) years asset management experience, preferably in a municipal setting
- Knowledge of public sector accounting, financial reporting, auditing and financial control policy and procedures
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel, and related financial accounting systems
- Ability to think and interact effectively, tactfully and courteously with all levels of staff, building a cooperative and collaborative working relationship with internal and external customers.