Asset Management Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Finance/Treasurer, the Asset Management Financial Analyst assists with the execution of the Corporate Asset Management Strategic Plan.
What you’ll do
- Maintain capital asset accounting records, including recording all additions, disposals and write downs as well as calculate annual amortization
- Monitor capital projects and collect information and data for the development of annual capital work plans
- Maintain investment, reserve, reserve fund and trust fund continuity schedules
- Maintain records of deferred development charge payments, interest calculations, amounts owing
- Gather information and data for the annual Development Charge report, Gas Tax report, capital reports and other project based funding opportunities
- Maintain database of all insurance claims made on County
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- A post secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Business Administration
- Certification with the Institute for Asset Management
- A minimum of three (3) years asset management experience, preferably in a municipal setting
- Knowledge of public sector accounting, financial reporting, auditing and financial control policy and procedures
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel, and related financial accounting systems
- Ability to think and interact effectively, tactfully and courteously with all levels of staff, building a cooperative and collaborative working relationship with internal and external customers.