Administrative Support Specialist (Building Services)- Temporary Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Administrative Support Specialist is the first point of contact for telephone, email, and in person inquiries and assistance relating to building applications and permits, and scheduling inspection appointments. The Administrative Support Specialist is responsible to review initial building permit applications and check for completeness and administrative duties related to permitting software.
What you’ll do
- Act as the primary point of contact for in-person, telephone and email customer service inquiries from the public for the Building Services
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Building Official and department.
- Run reports and/or queries in e-permitting software to meet reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical reports and submit required reports to Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, Statistics Canada and the Chief Building Official.
- Maintain building inspection services webpage.
- Receive applications for building related permits from residents and contractors and ensure that all permit information is complete and accurate for Plans Examiner review.
- Notify applicants when permit is ready and provide instruction on related inspection requirements.
- Receive fees for permits, issue receipts, provide funds for deposit to Treasury, and balance permits monthly.
- Maintain all department files including reports, plans, permits, orders, correspondence and related material.
- Maintain CityView building permit and code enforcement software.
- Provide Municipal Property Assessment Corporation with plans for property assessment.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Two (2) year Community College diploma in Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience in an administrative or customer service role
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills