Accounting Clerk - Temporary Full Time
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Finance/Treasurer, the Accounting Clerk is responsible a variety of accounting operations for the County including, accounts payable, cash receipts, and file maintenance. The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties including general office functions in a customer friendly manner.
What you’ll do
- Distribute invoices to County staff for approvals;
- Prepares weekly and monthly payments to suppliers, creates EFT file for transfer to bank and sends out payments;
- Prepare and complete weekly bank deposits including input of cash receipts into Great Plains
- Create and maintain Treasury files including vendor invoices, posting journals and other financial records;
- Administers the Tax Relief for Low-income Seniors and Disabled program. Reviews all applications, coordinates with local municipalities as required, drafts necessary correspondence and processes accounts payable;
- Maintains various Excel spreadsheets;
- Assist Corporate Services divisions with accounting related tasks;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.