Accounting Clerk - Resident Services (Temporary Full Time Contract Approx. 12 months)
Reporting to the Office Manager, The Accounting Clerk – Resident Services is responsible for the initial orientation to the Home for resident’s and their families. The incumbent will also be responsible for all aspects of resident accounting at Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home.
What you’ll do:
- Meet with residents/families on admission to provide initial orientation to the home;
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of resident financial files, both manual and electronic;
- Responsible for resident billings (accommodation fees) in accordance with rates and terms established by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care (MOHLTC);
- Assist residents in accessing government funding – OAS, GAINS etc.;
- Process payments received, including bank deposits and electronic PAPP account information.
- Responsible for collection of resident receivables, including monitoring and following up on outstanding accounts;
- Maintain resident trust accounts in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Responsible for month end accounting routines and preparation of journal entries for submission to the Treasury Department;
- Responsible for backup of Payroll/Benefits/Accounts Payable Clerk duties, in their absence;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- University degree or College diploma in Accounting, Finance, or another related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum two (2) years experience, preferably in a Long-Term Care Facility or Government Income Securities Program for Seniors;
- Experience with Great Plains, PointClickCare is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to act with courtesy and respect in dealing with residents, staff and visitors;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening.