Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Finance/Treasurer, the Accounting Clerk is responsible a variety of accounting operations for the County including, accounts payable, cash receipts, and file maintenance. The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties including general office functions in a customer friendly manner.
What you’ll do
- Distribute invoices to County staff for approvals
- Prepares weekly and monthly payments to suppliers, creates EFT file for transfer to bank and sends out payments
- Prepare and complete weekly bank deposits including input of cash receipts into Great Plains
- Create and maintain Treasury files including vendor invoices, posting journals and other financial records
- Administers the Tax Relief for Low-income Seniors and Disabled program. Reviews all applications, coordinates with local municipalities as required, drafts necessary correspondence and processes accounts payable
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Great Plains, and SharePoint
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation skills
- Ability to think and interact effectively, tactfully and courteously with all levels of staff, building a cooperative and collaborative working relationship with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.