How to File a Complaint


If you have a complaint about service delivery at Dufferin County, you are encouraged to discuss the issue directly with a staff member. You may make a written complaint by completing the feedback form available here. If you choose to include your contact information, a staff member will follow up with you within the next business day.

You may also contact a Council Member or make a delegation request to Council.

To view our Customer Service policy, please click here.

If you would like to make a complaint about a privacy breach, please see the Privacy and Freedom of Information page for more information.

If you suspect someone is building without a permit and would like to make a complaint, please see the Building Services page for more information.

Council Code of Conduct

The Council Code of Conduct helps to ensure that the members of Council share a common basis for acceptable conduct. These standards should serve to enhance public confidence that the County’s elected representatives operate from a base of integrity, justice and courtesy.

A copy of the Council Code of Conduct can be found here.

If you believe that a member of Council has breached the Code of Conduct, you may request an investigation by the Integrity Commissioner, Charles A. Harnick of ADR Chambers. A copy of the Complaint Protocol can be found here

Closed Meeting Investigation Request

According to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, any person may request an investigation to determine if a municipality or local board has met the requirements outlined in the Municipal Act or its Procedure By-law regarding a meeting that was closed to the public, in part or in whole.

If you feel that any board or sub-committee of a municipality within Dufferin County has failed to meet its closed meeting requirements, then you may submit a request for investigation. Complete and submit the form below.